Friday, October 21, 2005

Phew!!!

After 2 weeks of chaos and frenzy at University writing one 1200 word essay complete with a thesis,references and a bibliography, and another 3500 word description of a 4 and 1/2 minute non-stop shot or long-take for my Film Studies course, and an Art History mid-term, I finally get enough time to say....Phew!!! And as for next week....Yeah Biaatchhh!Bring it on!

As for other stuff I've been doing over the week.....hmmm.....well I've been skipping back and forth between Modern Rock like Saliva, Puddle Of Mudd, Nickelback, Godsmack etc, and some Old-School 80's Metal. So its not really a surprise that my vote for Video of the week goes to.....tadaaa....Limp Bizkit's cover of Sanitarium at MTV Icon featuring Metallica. Also saw video of Puddle Of Mudd's Control.....you can pretty much expect what's going to be in the video if you read the lyrics....but the ending, even though a bit juvenile, is quite fun. Had me smiling all the way. "Wicked!", like they say here. And guess who's the director.....tadaaa....Fred Durst! Watch it. Good enough for one time viewing, at least. Plus the drummer drops one of his sticks during a roll, which our dear friend Olly is very "adept" at!

By the way, I downloaded an awesome song the other day. Has to be this week's Song of the week.....Coheed and Cambria's "Welcome Home". No its not a cover of Sanitarium.....I'm not gonna embarass myself by trying to discuss the technicalities of the song, coz Nikhil already warned me against it. But to give you a very general idea, the lead guitarist who is also the lead vox(Nikhil, learn) looks exactly like Slash and plays a few licks just like him but in this song he does a Zakk Wylde with Pinch Harmonics all over the place. The song is very Iron Maiden-ish, with a close resemblance to their "The Nomad". Also very apparent is the use of good guitar harmonies in the song. Recommended*****! And here I would like to make an announcement.....this song has inspired me enough to make me dedicate most of my musically-creative time to producing similar medieval-ish rhythm structures.....by the way I finally acknowledge the fact that though a lot of people bich about the use of keyboards in Rock, they definitely bring a sense of wholesomeness to the song. Of course at the same time you can't insert them just about anywhere.

Was working on a good piece which I call "I am", till very recently when I got flooded with University work....hopefully will finish it sometime soon. Thought I was coming up with a few good lines and a good structure overall for the song. Lets see.

Ok have to eat now......cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home